Thinking About Education
There is more than one way to get an education. If you haven’t completed high school, there are different programs that can help you get your diploma.
- At PELC, we help adult students with many different skills, including reading, writing and numbers, and can help you get a high school diploma
- Loyola Learning Centres and Quinte Adult Ed in Picton, Belleville and Trenton also help adult students get a high school diploma
If you have a teacher or school counselor that you trust, try to talk to them about your financial situation. There might be school programs that can help. Here are a few examples of the support you can receive if you go to Public or Catholic school.
Public School (Hastings and Prince Edward Learning Foundation)
- Student Nutrition Programs – daily nutritious meals to help students learn
- Student Emergency Fund – financial help for student emergencies
- Len & Olive Black Memorial Fund – financial help with course materials or application fees for education after high school
- There are other programs that could help you
Catholic School (Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic Education Foundation)
- The foundation helps students and families who need financial assistance
- They can help with urgent, unexpected needs like food, clothes, transportation, medical supplies, and eyeglasses
- Families can talk to the school Principal to learn more