Stress and our Brains
Stress: Stress is what happens when our mind has too much to deal with. What are some things that can make us feel stress?
- Having our plans change suddenly
- Being far away from people who are important to us
- Not having enough time to complete a tasks
There are many different reasons!
What happens when we are stressed out?
- Our brain mostly focuses on worrying about what makes us stressed
- All this worrying makes our brains tired
- Our brain has less energy to use for important things like solving problems, handling our emotions, or focusing on important tasks
- Even though our brains are tired, we can lose sleep, because our worries make it hard to relax
I’m so tired, I just want to sleep, but I can’t because my mind won’t shut off! I’m stressed!
- Finances are often a big cause of stress
- Having debt (money that we need to pay back) usually causes a lot of stress
- 33% of Canadians say debt causes stress, 35% say bills cause stress
How will I have enough money to buy food and clothing? What if something important breaks? Will I have enough money for a new one?