Inspire Youth Training & Employment
Inspire is a 16-week training program for youth aged 15 – 30.
We help you move toward your career goals and blast barriers (whatever they may be) in the way of your perfect job.
Here’s how it works:
1. Three weeks of in-class learning and exploration. Online workshops include:
- managing stress at work
- workplace communication skills
- know your rights at work
2. Explore your own learning goals, interest and career options. You might:
- strengthen your computer skills
- build up workplace certifications
- explore your field of interest
- meet with experts working in your field of interest
3. 13 weeks of work placement:
- gain work experience and develop new skills on the job
- earn while you learn and work
We work with students to overcome barriers to employment – anything from dealing with social anxiety, to living outside of town with no car. We can offer a range of supports, such as:
- help with transportation
- housing assistance
- community referrals
Our employment partners are local businesses with a strong commitment to mentoring and skills development. We work hard to match all participants with a job in their field of interest.
- call Prince Edward Learning Centre at (613) 476-1811
- email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org
I was amazed how quickly the Inspire program found me a placement in this field. They work really hard to find a great fit.”
– Inspire participant and IT hire, Jeremy Johnson
PRINCE EDWARD LEARNING CENTRE
Our Door is Open! Your Future is Bright!
97 Main Street, Unit 10 Rexall Plaza, Picton, ON K0K 2T0
Open 9am to 4pm, Monday to Thursday + 9am to noon Friday